holiday gift guide: anne moore

i am truly sorry for the delayed gift guide. you guys are so patient and wonderful- big thanks to you!
i was swamped last week with two super fun parties to plan and then gave myself a giant pat on the back by traveling to nantucket for stroll.
and here we are. . . short many brain cells, and long on laugh lines. truly good times. GOOD. times.

with further ado, meet anne moore, first up with this year's holiday gift guide. anne is a fellow mama and blog reader and ALWAYS looks fantastic {to the point of it being annoying. seriously ;)} since anne is not going to stop having fab taste just to make the rest of us feel better, i figured the least she could do was share some of her holiday ideas with us.

she did!



here are some of anne's awesome ideas for . . .

sisters:

I am loving catbird nyc alphabet rings. It would be cute to get the your kids' initials! I usually give clothes but this year my sister is pregnant so I'm looking at accessories instead! {like this leopard print bag}

in laws/parents:

My Publisher photo books are amazing. They are so beautifully done and make the PERFECT gift--especially when it's chock full of great pictures of their grandkids!

little girls:

Sheabella Tutus are so adorable! They also sell awesome poof wands that coordinate with the tutus. Crewcuts also has a cute cashmere bow mittens/hat/scarf set.

little boys:

Makie gray animal tee-shirt. Softest cotton, perfect for a little boy! makieclothier.com.

Also perfect for boys or girls, kiwi crate sends a box of craft projects once a month to help get through a long New England winter!

friends:

Iomoi makes great gifts (could crossover into hostess gifts): a nice pad of paper with a bamboo pen.

Kate spade journal for talented and inspired friends to jot down ideas!

Roberta Roller Rabbit journals or Loren Hope earrings which come in awesome color combos!

hostess:

Thymes Frasier Fir candles are perfect for this time of year.

Otherwise a nice bottle and wine a Naughty Betty cocktail napkins are always a good thing!

teacher:

Luxury Monograms canvas tote with big selection of monogram styles and colors!



LH: what's the best gift you've ever gotten?

AM: Hmm there are two that stick out in my mind. My mom is an artist and has given us beautiful framed watercolors of places where we have so many awesome memories, from Newport RI to Swampscott and Marblehead. It is so meaningful having artwork in your home that is has sentimental value. The other was my first Canon camera (before digital). It triggered my love of photography! I became 'that person' who always had their camera with them...

LH: best gift you've ever given?

AM: Last year I gave my sister two framed silhouette prints--one of her and her daughter on the beach looking at shells, and the other my daughter and niece holding hands. The beauty of the photographs really comes through in the silhouettes. I used Le Papier Studio and the artist is wonderful to work with. The personalization with color and names makes it even more special.

LH: what gift are you most excited to give this year?

AM: I get overly excited to give all gifts. Seeing my daughter's face when she opens something she REALLY loves is the best though, just pure excitement.

LH: what's number 1 on your wishlist this year?

Just one?? I can't do it! I am currently loving the Tory Burch Patent Robinson Envelope clutch in Hot Orange, and the Selma Riding Boot in black. One might be more practical than the other but they are both fabulous! I also dog-eared 99% of the J.Crew catalog. We'll see what Santa brings!

LH: what's your fave holiday tradition?

Growing up my mom, sister and I had a girls' day and went to the Nutcracker together. Whether it was a local production or going into Boston we always made it a point to go. It's something I hope to start doing with my daughter, sister and nieces one day! However, the Marblehead Christmas Walk is also a favorite. Shopping, carolers and cider? Perfect!

Thank you, Anne for sharing- and for being just as fun to be around as you are irritatingly perfectly put-together ;) ho, ho, ho! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment